A radiation oncologist uses ionizing radiation to control malignant cancer cells as part of a patient’s prescribed treatment plan. Wichita Radiological Group provides advanced outpatient treatment at Advanced Cancer Therapies, Susan B. Allen Medical Center in El Dorado, Kansas, and inpatient and outpatient diagnostic and treatment services at Wesley Medical Center.
Radiation Oncology exams and procedures include:
- The Trilogy is advanced imaging technology that delivers highly specific radiation therapy with fewer side effects.
- Intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT) utilizes CT, MRI, and PET imaging with computer-aided treatment planning.
- 3D Conformal Radiation Therapy shapes the beams of radiation to match the tumor, resulting in reduced risk of radiating healthy tissue.
- A complete brachytherapy program has both low-dose rate and high-dose rate modalities.
- Two linear accelerators enable precision therapy with recording and verification of treatment sessions.