Women’s imaging specialists use a wide variety of medical imaging technology, including x-ray, CT, MRI and US, to diagnose and treat conditions of the breast and female reproductive system.
Through education, early detection and continuing breast care management, WRG is committed to the fight against breast cancer. The fellowship-trained experts at WRG recommend yearly screening mammography for all women beginning at age 40. Earlier screening may be appropriate for some women with specific risk factors – talk to your doctor to determine what is right for you.
Women’s imaging specialists commonly diagnose or treat the following conditions:
- Abnormalities and diseases, including cancer, of the breasts, uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes, and cervix.
- Abnormalities and diseases of the developing fetus
- Uterine Fibroids
Women’s imaging exams and procedures include:
- Breast MRI
- Breast ultrasound
- DEXA (bone density)
- Hysterosonography (also called saline infusion sonohysterography)
- Image-guided breast biopsy
- OB ultrasound
- Pelvic Sonography
- Screening and diagnostic mammography